Last Updated February 9, 2022
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Culture Pulse collects and stores the following personal information from on a voluntary basis when you create an account on our site:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, and zip code, or other geographically identifying information
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number, password
- Banking or credit card information
- Information that you provide in your user profile
- Any other information that you voluntarily share with us or others through our website
As is true of most websites, we collect some data automatically. Log file information commonly collected by host servers when you visit websites, including internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamps, referring/exit pages, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, click counts, and similar information. This information is not connected to personal information and is used for purposes of administering the Site, analyzing trends, tracking visitor activity, and collecting demographic data. Other details regarding your activities on the Site and Services, including your equipment, operating system, software, traffic information, and location data may also be collected automatically.
Other pieces of visitor information may be collected on an aggregated or individual basis through the use of third-party website analytics services such as those provided by Google. The privacy and other terms of those third-parties will apply and are not under the control of Culture Pulse.
We may provide your information to our partners and affiliates for marketing purposes.
We may provide your account information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as payment processing and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In the course of operating the Site, Culture Pulse and its affiliates and partners may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, administrative order or similar legal process
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request or pursuant to a demand under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other intellectual property laws
- If Culture Pulse is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so
Any information that you post to public areas of the Site will, of course, be accessible to the public and due to the nature and technology of the Internet will continue to be available even after you delete the information from public posting.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Links to Other Web Sites
We take the security of your information seriously and have electronic, physical, and administrative safeguards in place that comply with federal regulations for your protection. These security measures seek to protect your information both online and offline from disclosure, alteration, or unauthorized use. However, please keep in mind that no transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. Third parties may be able to access private communications illegally; for instance, through the use of hacking and viruses. As such, all information you transmit on the Site or Services is at your own risk. We are not responsible for instances where third parties circumvent our security measures without authorization, illegally or otherwise.
The information you submit to us is encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption technology and is transmitted securely. You may verify this by locating "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage or an icon of a closed lock in your browser. The computers and servers we use are also kept in a secure environment behind firewalls. We limit access to your information to those people that need to view it to perform necessary support tasks, including fulfilling your requests. We also require you to create a unique password to help secure your account. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of your password and other login information. We will promptly notify you in the event that personal information becomes compromised according to our notification procedures outlined in this Policy or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Additional Policy Information
Our website may at times offer publicly accessible comment pages and forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be viewed, read, collected, and used by others. It is your responsibility to avoid submitting information you wish to keep confidential.
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
Children Prohibited from Using Site
Culture Pulse does not seek to collect any information from children under the age of 13 and requests that such individuals do not use this site. If any child provides us with personally identifiable information, a parent or guardian may notify us and such information will be deleted from our records.
Third-Party Advertisers. You may use the procedure(s) above to opt out of us sharing personal information with advertisers and other third parties that will use your information for promotional purposes, such as marketing their goods and services to you.
Cookies. In order to opt out of cookies and other tracking technologies, you can configure or disable cookies in your browser settings. However, please note that doing so may cause parts of the Site to function improperly.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your personal information may be processed and transferred to countries other than your own, including, but not limited to, any country in which we operate. Some of these countries may have different laws and practices regarding data protection than your country. By using the Site, you agree to such cross-border transfers of your personal information.
RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
If you are located in the EEA, you have certain rights under European law with respect to your personal data, including the right to request access to, correct, amend, delete, port to another service provider, or object to certain uses of your personal data. If you wish to exercise these rights, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
If you are unhappy with the response that you receive from us we hope that you would contact us to resolve the issue but you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority in your jurisdiction at any time
Additionally, if you are located in the EEA, we note that we are generally processing your information in order to fulfill your orders placed on Culture Pulse, unless we are required by law to obtain your consent for a particular processing operation. In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, our merchants, our partners, or other third parties (including our vendors):
- To provide users with the service
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing, and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services, or to answer questions;
- To test out features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications, and websites.
When we process personal information to pursue these legitimate interests, we do so where we believe the nature of the processing, the information being processed, and the technical and organizational measures employed to protect that information can help mitigate the risks to the data subject.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us via electronic email to submitted to the email listed below in addition to the other methods specified in this Section.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA
If you are a California resident you are afforded certain rights under the CCPA. You can locate more information on the CCPA here.
You have the right to do the following:
(a) the right to request that Culture Pulse disclose to the You the following:
- The categories of personal information collected about that consumer.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the business shares personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information it has collected about that consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business collected about the consumer.
- The categories of personal information that the business sold about the consumer and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to whom the personal information was sold.
- The categories of personal information that the business disclosed about the consumer for a business purpose.
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has sold, or if the business has not sold consumers’ personal information, it shall disclose that fact.
- The category or categories of consumers’ personal information it has disclosed for a business purpose, or if the business has not disclosed the consumers’ personal information for a business purpose, it shall disclose that fact.
As of the date written above the information we collect about consumers can be summarized as:
- Email address
- IP Address
- Phone number
Most of this information is not collected unless you actively provide it to us. And the information that isn’t can be altered through your browser settings, or by contacting us.
We do not “sell” your information as it is commonly understood, but for the purposes of CCPA compliance, we share or sell your information with to our partners and affiliates for marketing purposes. We may provide your account and company information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as broker-dealer oversight, payment processing and offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In the event Culture Pulse Inc. is sold to a third party the personal information collected from you will be sold with the company. If you do not agree to this please contact us so we can delete your information.
Your feedback is important to us. To send us your questions, suggestions, or complaints, please contact us as follows:
Culture Pulse Inc.
Mailing Address: 555 Clay Street, San Francisco, CA 94111